Monday, June 15, 2009

Resold and Starting Work

And a few days later, the house looks to be resold. There was actually more interest in the house this time then when we originally put it on the market. In the last week I got about 10 'interested' buyers and 4 actual offers. After some negotiation it looks like I'll net about $104k from the house, albeit losing my washer and dryer in the sale (the washer was $400 4 years ago, the dryer is a hand me down that is something like 10 years or more old).

This also marks my first day of full time employment after moving to Nevada. I'll have to be trusting the significant other to deal with anything that comes up, but with luck the house offer made last Friday will come through. The market is really crazy; lots of houses are being priced 'under' to try and make bidding wars (Sorry, not playing that game) and it is also hard for me to get used to the idea of asking for closing costs, which everyone is recommending I do (To me an offer of, say '105k with 5k closing costs' is the same as an offer of 100k so why bother?)

My part time job is also putting my first check in the mail, though I will add that I feel somewhat guilty in that I have really stalled out on it when I ran into some issues I've never had to deal with before. Luckily, I have some friends who might know and I plan to abuse/ask them to help out so I can push through. After that: back to slightly more 'hardcore' financial happenings, but for the moment house hunting and new jobs are dominating my life both personally and financially.

No comments: